Taste a Rainbow Cupcakes
- White cake mix
- Food coloring (red, blue, green & yellow)
- Baking cups
- 1 can of fluffy white frosting
- Line muffin pan wells with baking cups.
- Make the cupcake batter by preparing the cake according to the direction on the box.
- Next, divide the batter evenly between SIX, small bowls. Following the directions below, dye each batter a different color. Quantity of drop is shown under the directions.
- Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, approximately a heaping half-teaspoon of each. Next distribute the blue, the green, and so on, according to the order above. NOTE: The order for your batter is basically the rainbow in reverse order. Remember "ROY G. BIV" from your grade school days? That's how I still remember the colors in a rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo & violet.)
- As you go, gently spread each layer of the batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath. But be careful not to mix the colors!
- Bake the cupcakes, according to the cake directions.
- Before serving, remove the paper wrapping to show the colors.
- Top each cupcake with a "frosting cloud."
- For added affect, find small gold-wrapped chocolates to add for the "gold at the end of the rainbow."
- Purple: 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue: 12 drops
- Green: 12 drops
- Yellow: 12 drops
- Orange: 12 yellow and 4 red drops
- Red: 18 drops