Take the Cookie Challenge
You won’t want to miss out on the fun – and the cookies – today at the Latham Country Fair in Alexander! Val Plagge with the Iowa Soybean Association is issuing a Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge where guests are invited to sample two types of cookies: one made from a traditional recipe and one made with soy flour and tofu (see the recipe below). Stop by and See Val at the Latham Country Fair, in Alexander, Iowa today to cast your vote for your favorite cookie!
For more information about the Latham Country Fair, click here.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups oatmeal
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ¼ cup soy flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ lb. soft tofu, drained
- 12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift together oatmeal, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine butter, sugars and vanilla until smooth. In a food processor or blender, process tofu until smooth. Stir into sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet, two inches apart. Bake in a 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes or until golden around edges.