Weekend Entertainment is “Easy as Pie”
Why settle for ordinary when you can enjoy an extraordinary weekend?
Join us, September 27-29, for the grand opening of Enchanted Acres in Sheffield, Iowa! Have a blast firing our new pumpkin cannon. Treat yourself at our new Snack Shack. Spice up your Saturday with an “Easy as Pie” baking class.
“Octoberfest” begins this weekend in Sheffield, Iowa, with fun and games for kids of all ages including:
Saturday, Sept. 28
- 10 am and 1 pm classes on Pumpkin Pie Baking by Cathy Carlson of Cathy’s Country Cook’n, Hampton
- 10 am to 1 pm – Train Rides on the GBO Railroad
- 11 am to 1 pm – Face painting by Pamela Warwick
- 1 pm to 3 pm – Pedal Tractor Pull
- BBQ Sandwiches served from 11 am to 6 pm by Wholly Smoke of Dows
Sunday, Sept. 28, from 2 to 4 pm
- Pumpkin Painting Class by Pamela Warwick
- Wine Tasting by Ridge Stone
- Texas-Style Music Jam by Don Wrolson and friends
Pick your own pumpkins from the 20-plus varieties grown on site. Take a walk through the woods and take time to smell the wildflowers. Play on the tire swings… Let your inner child out! Relax and unwind as you experience some carefree country moments with your family.
At Enchanted Acres, we’re looking forward to hosting regular Friday Family Fun Nights including Pizza in the Patch on Oct. 4 and Pet Costume Night on Oct. 18. Throughout the fall we are planning craft workshops including glitter pumpkins, mod podge pumpkins, and of course, pumpkin carving. Visit our website for a schedule of events.
There are literally 31+ reasons to celebrate the month of October. October is National (insert something wonderful here) month including:
- National Chili Month
- National Cookie Month
- National Pizza Festival Month
- National Pasta Month
- National Pork Month
October is also National Apple Month and National Pumpkin Month, so today I’m linking to some of my favorite tried and true seasonal recipes:
- American Gothic Apple Pie
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash
- Hocus Pocus Pumpkin Bars
- Spook-tacular Halloween Goodies
- The Great Pumpkin Cookie
Buy your baking apples and pie pumpkins this weekend at Enchanted Acres, located just two miles east of I-35 in rural Sheffield. Just look for the enormous enchanted pumpkin and magical red barn on the south side of the road. Visit EnchantedAcresIowa.com for directions and more details, and remember to “like” us on Facebook!