Sales Agronomist Internship – 2024
We don’t treat interns like interns.
If you understand the value in putting technology to work on the farm, and you’re ready to dig in to real, hands-on work with our experienced team – look no further than Latham Seeds.
Duration: 12 weeks
Experience: Junior or Senior
Location: Based in Iowa, potential travel to neighboring states
Our Sales Agronomist intern will be excited about new technologies in agriculture, and the seed industry as a whole. The successful candidate will be fully integrated into our sales and product teams. This is a rewarding experience for you and our company.
List of duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- One-on-one shadow experiences with various team members
- Observing sales calls and prospecting new customers with Regional Sales Managers
- Assisting with our specialized agronomy learning plots and attending agronomy trainings with our sales team
- Recruiting new dealers and developing Dealer Excellence programming with our Recruitment Manager
- Learning from Precision Agronomy Advisors through implementation of our Data Forward program with precision ag customers
- Evaluating seed production acres and experimental seed varieties with our Product Manager
- Joining the full Latham Team to help host our annual Dealer Kickoff sales event
- Completing a specialized summer project tailored to the intern’s interest area
- Compiling summer experiences and project results to present to the Latham Management team
About Latham Hi-Tech Seeds:
Latham Hi-Tech Seeds is a third-generation, family-owned company that markets hybrid seed corn, soybeans, alfalfa and cover crops under the Latham® brand name across the Upper Midwest. Since 1947, the Latham family name has stood for the latest genetics and highest quality seed. Committed to helping farmers grow their legacies while keeping rural communities strong, Latham Seeds delivers proven products through a local farmer-dealer network. www.lathamseeds.com