Career Opening: Accounting Specialist
The Accounting Specialist position will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for the company and perform routing accounting functions like Accounts Payable, Employee Expense Reimbursements, handling John Deere Financing payment requests, and doing genetic and trait forecasts for trait providers.
- Reviews billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alerts supervisory staff of any discrepancies.
- Facilitates payment of vendors.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Works with Latham dealers and/or customers on financing their seed through financing programs.
- Calculates credit balances and issue refunds to dealers/customers upon settlement of their accounts.
- Works with product managers on genetic and trait forecast reports.
- Periodically assists with mail distribution, answering telephones, and other office tasks as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have some experience with accounting general ledger systems like QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Preferred ability to work from Latham’s home office in Alexander, Iowa.
- Prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer.
To apply, complete the application below. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.877.GO.LATHAM.