Career Opening: Sales Account Manager
The primary responsibilities of a Sales Account Manager (SAM) include working with as many as eight Latham Seeds Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) or District Sales Managers (DSMs) to manage their dealers’ accounts for billing, shipping, and settlement. A SAM also is responsible for setting up seed deliveries. In addition, a SAM must become adept at using Latham’s online Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, Seedware. The successful candidate will have excellent time management and communication skills, as well as competency within all Microsoft Office applications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a strong understanding of each sales years’ sales programs to help answer questions from RSMs and dealers. A SAM is responsible for learning the appropriate use and application of discounts and programs.
- Be available during working hours. Visit regularly with RSMs and dealers about their accounts. This position works directly with Latham’s Logistics Team to set up efficient seed deliveries to dealers.
- Work with dealers at the end of the planting season to return units of seed, as well as hard boxes and pallets to the Latham warehouse. If applicable, a SAM works with a dealer to sell untreated, leftover soybean seed at the dealer’s local elevator.
- Help train dealers and RSMs on SeedWare.
- Work with the credit committee to ensure shipped seed does not exceed a dealer’s or a customer’s credit limits. Provide feedback to credit committee on credit needs.
- Attend our annual Latham® Dealer Kickoff meetings to build rapport with dealers and RSMs.
- Assist with other projects, including events and marketing — particularly during the off-season.
- Maintain confidentiality. A SAM has access to sales numbers and account credit limits, as well as other potentially sensitive financial data.
- Must have an acute sense of detail to ensure that programs, billing and pricing is accurate.
- This person must be proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must see the “big picture” of the company to ensure customers are satisfied from a long-term position while also ensuring the company’s profitability.
- Must be proficient in written and oral communications.
This position is based in our Alexander, Iowa, office. Flexible work-from-home arrangements may be negotiated.
High School diploma is required with preference given to candidates with at least a two-year college degree.
The starting salary ranges between $50,000 and $70,000 per year based on experience. The position would also qualify for employee benefits including health and dental insurance, as well as profit sharing and 401K.
About the Company
Latham Hi-Tech Seeds is a third-generation, family-owned company that markets hybrid seed corn, soybeans, alfalfa and cover crops under the Latham® brand name across the Upper Midwest. Since 1947, Latham® has stood for the latest genetics and highest quality seed. Committed to helping farmers grow their legacies while keeping rural communities strong, Latham Seeds markets its products through a local farmer-dealer network. More information about Family Owned, Farm Proven Latham Seeds and its products is available at www.lathamseeds.com
For inquiries about this position, contact:
Dan Erbes, Operations Manager