Sweet and Spicy Hog Wild Baked Beans
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 28-ounce cans of Bush's Honey Baked Beans
- 1 can apple pie filling (chop up the big chunks)
- 1 pound crumbled cooked pork sausage
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder
- Cook the bacon; sauté onion and green pepper in bacon grease.
- In large pot, mix all ingredients together.
- Simmer on stovetop. If the beans are too spicy for your taste, use less cayenne pepper.
- This recipe makes a half gallon and feeds around 25 people.
COOK’S NOTE: This recipes makes a big batch, so freeze half for later if you’re not headed to a big potluck.