Fiesta Chicken Chowder
- 3 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning, divided
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (3 chicken breasts)
- 3 T. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14½ oz.) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 cup uncooked, instant brown rice
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped mild green chilies
- 1 cup Velveeta® cheese, chunked (about ½ pound)
- Optional: Corn chips and sour cream
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine flour and 2 tablespoons of the fajita seasoning.
Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat.
In a large saucepan, sauté chicken in oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Stir in water, beans, tomatoes, corn, rice, chilies and remaining fajita seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the Velveeta and chicken; heat through.
- Add water or salsa to make it a bit less thick.
- To serve, place corn chips in bowl, add soup and top with sour cream. Enjoy!