Mini Cherry Cheesecake
- 1 c. vanilla wafer crumbs (or graham cracker crumbs)
- 3 T. butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pound pitted, canned or frozen tart red cherries
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- Red food coloring (optional)NOTE: I’ve simplified the topping by merely replacing it with canned cherry pie filling.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter.
- Press gently into the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and egg; beat until smooth. Spoon into crusts.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes until set. Cool completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving ½ cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice.
- To guide, add cherries, sugar and cornstarch and food coloring. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 1 minute.
- Cool; spoon over cheesecake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
NOTE: I’ve used the mini muffin tins and adjusted the baking time to 6-9 minutes.