Fresh Broccoli Raisin Salad
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- *1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- *1 cup green grapes, cut in half
- ½ pound (8 slices) of bacon, browned
- ½ cup toasted almonds or walnuts
TIP: Marianne prefers to substitute ¾ cup golden raisins for the grapes. You could use ½ cup craisens in place of the grapes, or use a combination of raisin and grapes.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T. vinegar
- Brown bacon until crisp and crumble.
- Toss all ingredients, except nuts, into a large bowl; mix well.
- Right before serving, add nuts and dressing. Mix until coated.