Spicy Southern Hot Corn
- 3.5 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper diced
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers diced (seeds/veins removed)
- 3-4 TBSP diced pickled jalapeno peppers plus extra to taste
- 2.5 TBSP butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp paprika (regular, not smoked)
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw corn if using frozen.
- Chop all your veggies and set aside.
- For tender peppers, feel free to sauté your bell peppers and fresh jalapeño to soften.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and cream cheese.
- Stir often until smooth and creamy.
- Add your corn, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and pickled jalapeños.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1/2-3/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly!
Recipe sourced from: https://peasandcrayons.com/2016/11/spicy-southern-hot-corn.html