Creamy Strawberry Pie by Sarah Mumm
Creamy Strawberry Pie
- 1 Graham cracker crumb crust
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3oz) Strawberry Jello
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 cups fresh Strawberries, divided
- 2 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- Add boiling water to Jello mix in medium bowl. stir 2 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with whisk until creamy.
- Gradually whisk in Jello until blended.
- Place bowl in larger bowl filled with ice water.
- Let stand 5-8 minutes or until Jello is thickened, whisking occasionally.
- Reserve 4 strawberries for garnish.
- Chop remaining berries.
- Stir in 1.5 cups Cool whip into gelatin mixture followed by the chopped strawberries.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until thick enough to mound.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours
- Spread remaining cool whip to within 1 inch of edge of pie.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half, leaving on green tops, use to garnish the pie.
Pi Day Recipe Submission by Sarah Mumm