Soybean Spotlight: L2084R2 Deserves an Encore!
Corn has been stealing the spotlight recently with headlines like “2012 Corn Acres to Rise”. With all of the focus being put on corn, we’d like to take this opportunity to shine the spotlight on some outstanding soybean numbers. Today we’re featuring Latham L2084R2.
Latham L2084R2 topped 26 strip trials in 2011, beating elite genetics in its maturity across northern Iowa, southern Minnesota, southern Wisconsin and eastern South Dakota. It’s not often that we promote a specific product on our blog. With results like this, however, we honestly believe we’d be doing a disservice to soybean growers if we kept it under wraps!
Here are several reasons why L2084R2 is dominating:
- Contains the Genuity® Roundup Ready 2 gene, which is consistently out-performing the original Roundup Ready trait found in Pioneer® brand soybeans and in other brands
- Ranks highest for emergence, stress and no-till
- Is resistant to Soybean Cyst Nematode
- Has complete Brown Stem Rot resistance
- Is tolerant to Iron Chlorosis
- Contains the K gene for Phytophthora Root Rot resistance
- Has good White Mold tolerance
With all of these attributes, it’s no wonder that L2084R2 is Latham’s top-selling soybean product. Just keep in mind that you’re best served when you plant three or four different Latham® Hi-Tech Soybean products to minimize risk and maximize returns. You can put together a crop plan with other great Latham® numbers like these:
While everyone else is wrapping gifts and putting presents under the tree, remember to give yourself a gift this season. Order your Latham L2084R2 today, while supplies are available!