Cheer on the Cheeseheads with Cheesy Meatball Soup!
It’s hard to believe that a year ago today, we were in Key West, Florida, on a sales incentive trip. What I wouldn’t give to be taking in the big game again in 80 degree weather!
For the final post in our “Souper Bowl” series, we’re honoring our Cheesehead customers and friends from Wisconsin. (Please note: We’re using the term “cheesehead” as a term of endearment here.)
What better way to cheer on the green and gold than with a hot bowl of Cheesy Meatball Soup? Thanks to Deb Eichacker from Salem, SD, for sharing this recipe with us. GO PACK GO!
Cheesy Meatball Soup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 jar (16 oz) processed cheese sauce
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and salt.
- Crumble beef into the bowl with the egg mixture, and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a large saucepan, brown meatballs; drain.
- Add water, celery, corn, potatoes, carrot, onion, bouillon and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cheese sauce; heat through.
Yields 4-6 servings
Recipe from Deb Eichacker
Photo from Taste of Home