Skip to content
- 1, 5-lb boneless pork butt (shoulder)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and run evenly over roast.
- Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Remove pork to large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull, slice or chop to serve.
- Serve in buns with barbecue sauce.