Bridal Luncheon Favorites
Latham Hi-Tech Seeds, which has been family-owned and operated for more than 60 years, is deeply rooted in tradition. Tradition, as defined by Merriam-Webster, is a customary pattern, thought, action or behavior that is handed down from generation to generation.
With this in mind, it’s only fitting that we would take time during the week of our annual dealer meeting to celebrate another time-honored tradition — a bridal shower. While it was a crazy week, I couldn’t think of a better reason to take some time to slow down and enjoy company. Okay, so slowing down wasn’t really in the picture as you can see by the number of recipes that I made, but I was in good company!
The guest of honor at our bridal luncheon was Laura Larson, marketing coordinator for Latham Hi-Tech Seeds. Laura was instrumental in helping plan the ladies programming during our Dealer Kickoff. When you consider she was working long hours planning company events all the while she was planning her own wedding, she definitely deserved some pampering.
Menu items at the shower included chicken salad sandwiches served on croissants, frozen fruit salad and a crisp vegetable salad. Recipes for all three are included below. We hope these perfect-for-summer foods will help create a few happy memories in your home!
Happy memories are also what we wish for Laura and her fiancé, a Latham® dealer (further evidence that he’s one smart cookie!). The two of them will exchange their vows tomorrow. Congratulations and best wishes, Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham!
Summer Chicken Salad
- 8 chicken breasts
- 2 c. bow tie pasta
- 2 c. seedless grapes
- 1 c. celery, diced
- ½ c. slivered almonds
- ½ c. shredded Parmesan
- ½ c. Miracle Whip
- ¼ c. Vidalia onion vinaigrette
- ¼ c. Ranch dressing
- 1 T. curry
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic and then broil until done. Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Cook pasta according to directions. Mix chicken, pasta, grapes, celery, almonds and cheese.
- Mix together salad dressing ingredients and toss in chicken mixture. You may need to add more dressing, depending on how big your chicken breasts were and how moist you like your chicken salad.
- Top with a leaf of Romaine lettuce.
*For a new twist, try serving this chicken salad in a waffle cone. It also tastes delicious when served on a bagel or in a croissant.
- 1 bag of frozen California Mix vegetables, parboiled
- 1 can black olives, drained
- 1 can green olives, drained
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 1 package of dry Hidden Valley Ranch
- 2/3 c. oil
- ¼ c. vinegar
Mix all of the vegetables together and pour dressing over the top. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Frozen Fruit Cups
- 2, 10-oz. packages of frozen strawberries
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 large can sliced peaches
- 3 to 4 bananas (barely ripe)
- 1, 12-oz. can frozen 5-Alive® concentrate
- 2 T. Real Lemon
- 2 c. red or green grapes
- 1, 16-oz. bottle of 7-Up or Ginger Ale
- 1/3 c. sugar
- Dice fruit.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Fill plastic cups 2/3 full.
- Cover and freeze.
- Set out 15 minutes before serving or microwave on low for about 30 second.
*Try other fresh fruit like raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.