Bring a Hint of Spring to Your Breakfast Table
Here we are mid-February and with this recent taste of warm weather, I am ready for Spring! Here’s a recipe that I love to make for my family. The fresh taste of fruit and the warm gooey french toast is the perfect start to your day!
Have a favorite breakfast recipe of your own? Share it with us in the comment box below!
Blueberry French Toast
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 c. blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 12 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 T. Margarine
- Cut 6 slices of bread into 1" cubes. Place in 9X13 baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into 1" cubes and place over bread.
- Top with 1c. berries and 6 slices of bread.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and syrup or honey. Mix well.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 min before baking.
- Bake covered for 30 min.
- Uncover and bake another 25-30 min or until bread is golden brown.
- Top with sauce.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil three minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, and stir for 8-10 min.
- Stir in margarine until melted.