- 3 (15 oz.) cans of Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 and 1/2c. chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 and 1/2c. chopped red, green, or yellow pepper
- 2 jalapeno chili peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 small can green chilis
- 3 and 1/2c. chicken broth
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (optional)
- Saute the onion, garlic and cumin in 1-2 tbsp. oil.
- Add all ingredients and simmer 45 minutes to an hour.