Quick Fix Suppers
With the kids getting more and more involved with school and extra curricular activities, I am always looking for quick fix meals I can prepare for supper before games and meetings in the evening. This recipe for sloppy joes is one that the kids love, and the leftovers are great for later on in the week.
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1 c. water (add 1/4 c. brown sugar to water)
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- Cook hamburger, onion and garlic until hamburger is brown and onion is soft.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the brown sugar into the water.
- Add this mixture and the ketchup to the hamburger mixture.
- Boil until some liquid has evaporated.
- Add molasses.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns and top with cheese.