- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 1 qt. of tomato juice
- 1 pt. of diced tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups of corn
- 2 cups of cut green beans
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and cracked pepper as desired
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and celery. Cook and stir until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ground beef; cook and stir until meat is browned and cooked through. Drain off excess fat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add beef broth, tomato juice, and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, green beans and corn. Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir, cover, and simmer over medium low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve with fresh biscuits, butter and honey and you have great harvest meal!