Choco Mocha cupcakes
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temp.
- ¾ c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolve in 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- ¼ cup chocolate covered coffee beans
- 7 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp. instant coffee dissolved in 1 Tbsp. boiling water
- Bittersweet chocolate, grated
Preheat oven to 350F.
Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. Leave until almost melted, then set aside to cool slightly.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the melted chocolate and cocoa powder. Sift the flour into the mixture and stir in, then stir in the coffee, followed by the coffee beans.
Spoon the mixture into the paper liners and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until risen and a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Beat the butter, sugar, and coffee together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Spread the mixture smoothly over the cupcakes and sprinkles with grated chocolate.