Zingy Fried Chicken Steak
Serves approximately 5-6 people
Hot & Spicy Marinade
¾ cup Italian dressing
½ cup hot pepper sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
¼ tsp of cayenne
2 pounds of boneless chicken thigh
Honey Lemon Dipping Sauce
½ cup butter
½ cup honey
½ cup whipping cream
2 tsp. vanilla
2 to 3 T fresh lemon juice
1. Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place boneless thigh meat in a Ziploc bag.
3. Pour marinade over meat and let set overnight (or for at least 4 to 6 hours)
To prepare the chicken:
1. Place 1 cup of all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl; add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Dredge marinated thighs in the flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
3. Slowly add chicken to high oleic oil and fry.
4. Cook until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
5. Place cooked chicken thighs on plate with paper towels and let rest for 3-5 minutes; then cut thighs into 5 or 6 slices.
6. Transfer thigh slices to serving plate; garnish with chopped cilantro (optional).
7. Serve with a side of Honey Lemon Dipping Sauce.
Directions for Sauce:
1. Melt butter, stir in honey and whipping cream.
2. Heat in pan and bring to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Keep warm and stir in lemon juice right before serving.