Day 24: Slow Food Sunday: Pizza Casserole
Sundays are a great time to gather around the table with your family. Today we’ve dug into the archives to share a few of our family’s favorite recipes:
- 2 c. twisted macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 ½ lb. hamburger, browned with onion, salt & pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1, 15-oz. can pizza sauce
- 1, 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Dash of onion salt, garlic salt and oregano
- Mix hamburger and macaroni.
- In a separate pan, mix: tomato sauce and tomato paste, sugar, onion salt, garlic salt and oregano.
- Then add the sauce mix to the hamburger and macaroni.
- Put ½ of this mixture in a 2-qt. casserole dish and top with half the mozzarella.
- Then add the remaining mixture and top with another layer of cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
NOTE: I like to add Hormel’s mini pepperonis to this casserole, too.
Photo from: AllRecipes.com