Pork and Bean Bars
- 1, 15-oz can pork and beans (do not drain)
- 1 small (8 oz.) can (undrained) crushed pineapple
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. vegetable oil (I use soy oil)
- 1½ cups all all-purpose flour
- ½ cup soy flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray a jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a blender, puree beans and pineapple; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well.
- Add flour and soy flour, baking soda, and cinnamon to egg mixture and mix.
- Add beans and pineapple; mix well.
- Pour into a sprayed jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and frost.
- Makes 24 servings.
COOK’S NOTE: I found this recipe in the "Generations of Caring" cookbook from the Sheffield Care Center and Deerfield Place Assisted Living.