Turkey, Bean & Vegetable Chili
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 med uncooked onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 large uncooked carrots (chopped)
- 1 yellow & 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 29 oz fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz fat-free canned refried beans
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes w/ mild green chiles
- 15 ½ oz canned kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- Coat a 12” sauté pan with cooking spray, & brown ground turkey over medium heat, drain & set aside.
- Coat a large pot with cooking spray, cook onion until soft but not browned; add garlic & cook for 1 minute. Add carrots, celery & peppers, cook for 5 minutes. Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt & cayenne and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, both types of beans, cooked turkey & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer uncovered for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
OPTION: If you prefer less spicy chili, leave out the cayenne and use tomatoes without green chiles.
from Sandie Worner, Latham Sales Account Manager