Slow Cooked Lemon Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces (or equivalent)
- ¼ c. Flour
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1, 6-oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Cold Water
- Combine the flour with ½ tsp. salt. Coat chicken thoroughly.
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot oil; drain. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Stir together the lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar.
- Pour over the chicken and cover.
- Cook on high setting for 3-4 hours (time varies).
- Remove chicken and pour liquid into saucepan.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and cover to keep warm.
- Blend cold water slowly into cornstarch, stir in hot liquid. Cook until thick.
- Serve the chicken with gravy over rice.
Note: This tastes amazing all on it's own, but next time I might add ¼ tsp. of red pepper flakes to the grown-up portions for a bit of a kick.