Cowboy CAB Steak and Whiskey Butter
- Combine in bowl: chili powders, paprika, peppers and sugar.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over low heat.
- Just before grilling, remove steaks from refrigerator, pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Brush steaks with oil, sprinkle about 1 Tbsp of rub and a little salt on each steak, rubbing in with fingers.
- Place steaks directly over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Turn and grill 5 more minutes for medium-rare doneness. Remove from grill. Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Top steaks with Whiskey Butter.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 shallots, minced, soaked in Whiskey Extract
- 3 tsp minced parsley
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp Whiskey Extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- White pepper to taste
- Combine butter, shallot, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire, Whiskey extract, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Drop butter onto waxed paper, roll into log.
- Refrigerate until hard and easy to cut, at least 3 hours.
- May store in refrigerator up to 1 week, in freezer for up to 3 months.
Photo from SeariousEats.com
- 2 Tbsp New Mexican chili powder
- 2 Tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp white pepper
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Sugar-in-the-Raw
- 4 CAB (Certified Angus Beef) Ribeye Steaks, cut 1 ½” thick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices Whiskey Butter, recipe below