An easy (and delicious!) Sunday dinner
With different schedules for work, school and extracurricular activities, it’s no wonder that mealtime has gone the way of the moldboard plow for many families. That’s why I try to make Sunday dinners extra special.
Sunday mornings can be just as busy as any other day of the week, so fortunately the following recipe is quick to make and can be prepared ahead of time. Just pop it in the oven by 9:30 a.m., and your main course will be ready at noon. I like to serve it with baked apples or frozen peaches plus a side of green beans.
Oven Baked Chicken
- Frying chicken
- 1 cup old fashioned rice ( I use 2 cups of Minute Rice)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package of dry onion soup
- Heavily grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle dry rice in pan. Lay raw chicken pieces on top of rice.
- Mix cream of chicken soup & milk together; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle dry onion soup on top.
- Cover with foil; bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 350 degrees.