Hot Treat for a Cold Day
Here is a recipe for some hot cranberry punch. Perfect to help warm up on a cold winter day. The recipe was submitted to us from one of our farmer customers in Hampton, Iowa. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!
I love to serve this at New Year’s Parties. Hope you can enjoy it as much as we do! Happy New Year!
Hot Cranberry Punch
- 1 bottle (64 ounces) cranberry juice (or Pomegranite)
- 4 cups water
- 3-1/5 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring, optional
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-1/2 inches), broken
- 1 Tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp. whole allspice
- In a 24-cup percolator, combine cranberry juice, water, pineapple juice, brown sugar and food coloring if desired.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice in percolator basket; cover and begin perking.
- When cycle is complete, discard contents of basket.
- Serve the punch warm.