Get an “Early Look” at New Products
We have an exciting product lineup in store for 2022!
In September 2020, Bayer CropScience announced the approval of XtendFlex® soybeans for the 2021 growing season. Latham Hi-Tech Seeds was prepared and launched seven new soybeans in this exciting new technology. We believe this new trait gives farmers an extra tool for battling the ever-increasing problem of herbicide-resistant weeds.
For the 2022 season, we are introducing these six new XtendFlex products:
- L 0254 XF – This 0.2 soybean carries the C-gene for Phytophthora, full resistance to Brown Stem Rot and excellent tolerance to Iron Chlorosis. Avoid SCN-infested fields.
- L 0984 XF – Featuring the Rps3-a gene for Phytophthora, this new 0.9 product also has strong tolerance to SCN, Brown Stem Rot, White Mold and Iron Chlorosis.
- L 1383 XF – This new Ironclad has L 0982 R2 as a parent! It has the Rps-3a gene, full resistance to Brown Stem Rot and good scores for White Mold, IDC, SCN and Stress.
- L 1784 XF – L 1858 R2 is a parent of this new 1.7 soybean! It features strong SCN, full resistance to Brown Stem Rot with very good scores for Iron Chlorosis and Stress.
- L 2786 XF – This new line has the Rps1-c gene for Phytophthora, full resistance to Brown Stem Rot and strong tolerance to SCN, White Mold, Iron Chlorosis and Stress.
- L 3086 XF – Replacing L 3058 XF, this SCN bean features the Rps1-c gene, full resistance to BSR and great tolerance to White Mold & Stress. It’s a fantastic Ironclad for no-till acres.
On the Enlist E3® side, we are adding four new soybeans:
- L 1219 E3 – This 1.2 bean carries the Rps1-c gene for Phytophthora and strong tolerance to SCN, SDS, Stress and Iron Chlorosis. It also has the Excluder gene for high-salt soils.
- L 1558 E3 – Here’s a 1.5 Ironclad that features the Rps3-a gene for Phytophthora, full resistance to BSR and great scores for SCN, Sudden Death, Iron Chlorosis and Stress.
- L 2458 E3 – This new E3 line has the Rps1-k gene, full resistance to BSR and strong scores for SCN, Sudden Death, Frogeye, Charcoal Rot, Stress and Iron Chlorosis.
- L 3479 E3 – Highlights of this new 3.4 bean K-gene for Phytophthora include complete BSR resistance, great SCN tolerance and strong scores for Sudden Death, IDC and Stress.
Our Product Development Teams have really done their homework for next year! Be sure to check out next month’s blog when we will highlight new corn products for 2022.
The legacy that we build our product decisions on is based on a foundation of quality and performance. We believe this foundation benefits Latham® dealers and their customers because we provide seed that is bred specifically for their geographies. Rest assured WHY we do what we do will never waiver!