Sour Cream Raisin pie by Deb Lizer
Sour Cream Raisin pie
- ¾ cup Raisins
- 1½ cups Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks (save the whites)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 9” Baked Pie Shell
- 3 Egg White (separate from yolks)
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- Cook raisins in water.
- Mix flour with sour cream, then add with rest of ingredients to raisins/water.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Make meringue with egg whites, ¼ tsp cream of tartar and 6 Tbsp sugar.
- Drop meringue onto pie and seal to crust
- Brown lightly under broiler.
Pi Day Recipe Submission by Deb Lizer