Rhubarb-Black Raspberry Pie by Jamie Reinke
Rhubarb-Black Raspberry Pie
- 2 cups fresh black raspberries
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter chips
- Your favorite pie crust for a double crust pie
- Put black raspberries and rhubarb in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, flour and lemon juice. Toss very gently.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust and dot with butter chips.
- Cover with top crust and seal.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Keep an eye on it and if crust is getting to brown, put some foil around the edges.
Comments from Jamie:
My Grandma Best used to make this pie but she never had a recipe as it was all in her head. I found a recipe online and modified it some until this now tastes almost as good as I remember my grandma's pie to taste.
Pi Day Recipe Submission by Jamie Reinke