Day 10: Slow Food Sunday: Southwestern Turkey Soup
In celebration of November #TurkeyMonth, we’re sharing a few of our favorite recipes.
Southwestern Turkey Soup
- 6 cups turkey OR chicken broth
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 to 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- Wash hands.
- In large Dutch oven combine all the ingredients except the frozen corn. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in frozen corn and return mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Serve with: coarsely crushed tortilla chips and Mexican shredded cheese over soup.
Recipe from: Becke Dorenbush, Jewell, Iowa
Makes 10 servings.
Photo Credited to MyRecipes.com