Soup and sandwiches are perfect Game Day foods, so today we’re going to feature a recipe for each!
Whether you’re feeding 4 or 40, there’s a direct correlation between the quality and quantity of the food that gets served and the success of your party. Special thanks to Jenny Felt of Adel, Iowa, for sharing her favorite recipe for French Onion Soup.
French Onion Soup
- 3, 14-ounce cans of beef broth
- 3/4 cup canned French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 slices stale French bread
- 4, 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
Heat oven to 400° F. Arrange four, 10-ounce, oven-safe soup bowls on a baking sheet. Divide the broth and onions among bowls. Add 1 tablespoon of sherry to each. Float a slice of bread in each bowl and top with a slice of cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the soup is bubbling.
Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 Pepperidge Farm® Soft White Hoagie Rolls with Sesame Seeds
- 4 slices deli provolone cheese cut in half
- 1/4 cup drained hot or mild pickled banana pepper rings
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the soup and Worcestershire in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the beef and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the beef evenly among the rolls. Top the beef with the cheese slices and place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted. Spoon the soup mixture onto the sandwiches. Topeachsandwich with 1 tablespoon pepper rings.