April is Soy Foods Month
April is Soy Foods Month, so we’re featuring soy menu items on our blog. All of them have been taste-tested by yours truly. In fact, I liked the Crisp Summer Salad so much that I’m planning to make it for our family’s Easter dinner. It’s certain to be a conversation piece!
The tofu-stuffed pasta shells, edamame and corn salad and chai soy latte all earned rave reviews last week at the 2009 Iowa Soy Day on the Hill. One goal of our March 31 visit to the Iowa Statehouse was to showcase the variety and value of soy products, as well as the value of services offered by the Iowa Soybean Association. In addition, the Day on the Hill highlighted the 45th anniversary of the Iowa Soybean Association.
Here is the recipe for Crisp Summer Salad from our Soy Menu, courtesy of the Soyfoods Council.
For more great soy recipes see their website at The Soyfoods Council.
Have a favorite soy recipe of your own? Share it with us!
Crisp Summer Salad
- 1.5 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/3 c. shelled edamame, cooked according to directions and drained
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 1/3 c. chopped avocado
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine corn, tomatoes, cucumber, edamame, red onion and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and oil.
- Toss with corn mixture and season to taste.