Cavatelli-An Italian Mealtime Favorite
Cavatelli is another casserole favorite in my family. I like to prep meals for the week ahead of time when meetings and kids activities keep us on the run. This casserole can be thrown together ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until you need it.
I’m always looking for new recipe ideas, share your favorites with us in the comment box below!
- 1-16oz. package jumbo shell pasta
- 1lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1lb. ground beef
- 48oz. (3lb.) jar spaghetti sauce-- Prego Traditional is our favorite
- 8oz. jar taco sauce
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 16oz. shredded mozzarella (1/2 in casserole, 1/2 on top)
- Cook the pasta, brown the meat, and then mix all the ingredients together.
- Put cheese on the top, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- If you refrigerate before baking it will need to bake longer- maybe 45 minutes.