Career Opening: Accounting Specialist
The Accounting Specialist position will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital for the company and perform accounting functions like Accounts Payable, Employee Expense Reimbursements, customer financing payment requests, and completing forecasting reports for our supplier partners.
- Reviews billing statements, invoices, and similar documents for accuracy; alerts supervisory staff of any discrepancies.
- Facilitates payment of vendors on a timely basis.
- Receives and verifies expense reports through Expensify.com; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Processes incoming credit applications and assists with Accounts Receivables
- Works with Latham dealers and/or customers on financing their seed through financing programs.
- Calculates credit balances and issues refunds to dealers/customers upon settlement of their accounts.
- Collaborates with product managers on seed supply and inventory forecasting reports.
- Periodically provides team support on mail distribution, answering telephones, and other office related tasks as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have experience with accounting general ledger systems like QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and detailed records.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting and/or Bookkeeping experience
- Minimum 2-year college degree preferred or equivalent experience in accounting
- Preferred ability to work from office in Alexander, Iowa.
To apply, please complete the form below: