Skip to content
Grandma June's Homemade Mac 'n Cheese
- 1/4cup butter, divided
- 1/4cup flour
- 1cup milk
- 1/2pound (8 oz ) Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1/2cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8buttery crackers crushed
- Heat oven to 350°
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Velveeta; cook 3 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon into 2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Melt remaining butter, toss with cracker crumbs, sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.