Beef and Noodle Sundaes
Recipe by Recipe from Cristen Clark, Food & Swine
- Prep 45 minutes
- Total 8 hours
- 3-pound beef chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- Mashed potatoes, 4-6 cups prepared (two packets of instant mashed potatoes)
- Sweet corn, 3 cups prepared
- 1-pound package of egg noodles cooked to package directions, drained
- One bunch green onions, finely chopped
- One small container of cherry tomatoes
Cook roast, salt, pepper, bay leaves and 1½ cups of beef stock on low in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Remove meat from pan, shred and discard excess fat. Set aside.
With remaining juices, strain 3 tablespoons fat off and place in large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and whisk together, cook for one minute. Add remaining liquids that have been strained of excess fat, whisk well. Add remaining beef stock and continue whisking while gravy comes to a simmer. Simmer gravy for a couple of minutes until thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from heat. Fold in cooked egg noodles and shredded beef.
In serving vessels (bowls, ice cream glasses or layer in a large casserole dish and serve family style) add a generous amount of mashed potatoes, a layer of corn, layer beef and noodles with gravy, and a cherry tomato or two on top. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 517 Calories, 13.1 Total Fat, 85.8 Cholesterol, 1021.0mg Sodium, 75.6g Carbohydrate, 6.5g Fiber, 27.3g Protein