Bacon Bourbon Apple Pie
· 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
· 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
· 3/4 cup flour, divided
· 6 Tbsp. cold butter, divided
· 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
· 1 pie crust (can use 1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg of ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust)
· 6 cups of sliced, peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 6 apples)
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 2 Tbsp. bourbon
· 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Heat oven to 4000F.
2. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp.) butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in bacon.
3. Place crust in 9-inch pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie.
4. Place apples in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, remaining flour, bourbon and vanilla; mix lightly. Spoon into crust. Cut remaining butter into small pieces; place evenly over apples. Cover with crumb topping. Place on baking sheet.
5. Bake 30 min. Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF; bake 30 min. or until apples are tender. Cool.