Sausage and Cheese Egg Roll Wraps
- 1 package egg roll wraps
- 1 lb. package of seasoned pork sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1, 8-oz package cream cheese (or less if desired)
- Cook sausage, onion, and green pepper in skillet; drain excess fat.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese, and then mix. (No need to melt cheddar cheese.)
- Scoop a few spoons full of mixture onto egg roll wrap; wrap like traditional egg roll. (One package makes about 18 wraps.)
- Place on cookie sheet and spray with butter cooking spray or egg whites.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden and crisp. You can make these ahead and bake as needed.
*Special note: These are not egg rolls in the traditional sense. They are great for an appetizer or breakfast and are easy to modify. They are a fan favorite for tailgating at ISU games. I usually make two batches – one with veggies and one without. You can also add cayenne pepper, water chestnuts or adjust the cheeses to your taste.