Spaghetti in a Pie
Pie Shell Ingredients:
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ c. chopped onion (optional)
- 15.5-ounce jar of Prego® spaghetti sauce
- Grease or use cooking spray to coat a deep glass pie plate or square Pyrex® pan.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Stir in butter, Parmesan and eggs into spaghetti. Form mixture into “crust,” and cook uncovered in microwave (80 to 90% power) for 2 to 3 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, brown beef with onion. Drain beef and stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, take crust from the microwave. Spread cottage cheese over crust. Then top with sauce mixture.
- Cover pie plate and microwave for 6 to 7 minutes. Top with mozzarella; microwave for 1 more minute.
- Let stand 8 to 10 minutes before serving.