Recipe by the Moretz family
Yields 4 burgers
- 8oz. Italian Sausage
- 8oz. Ground Beef
- 1/2c. Pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4t. salt
- 8oz. can of pizza sauce
- 1/4c. Mozzarella
- 8 ½ thick French Bread
To Prepare for Group:
- In a large bowl combine sausage, ground beef, the chopped pepperoni, and salt. Mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 4-3/4 inch thick patties
- Freeze in gallon bag
- Place patties on grill directly, over medium heat for 14 to 18 minutes. Turning once halfway through.
- Toast bread slices on the grill.
- In a small pan, heat pizza sauce over low heat.
- Serve burgers between toasted bread slices topped with sauce, cheese and, if desired, pepperoni.