- 1 package bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 6 to 8 large carrots, diced
- 1 head celery, diced
- 64 oz. chicken stock
- 1 pound of ham, cubed
- 2 cans of white beans
- 1 quart of sauerkraut (with juice)
- Pepper to taste
- In stock pot, cook the bacon and then remove from pot.
- Add olive oil, onions, and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Next, add in carrots and celery; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slowly pour in chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Once the broth begins to boil, add: ham, beans, bacon pieces and sauerkraut (don't drain).
- Simmer or put into a crockpot. Makes great leftovers.