Big Fat Greek Steak with Pasta
- 1 / 4 cup (half a stick) butter
- 1 / 4 cup olive oil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1 / 4 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning (Cavender’s is an option)
- 2 (2-inch thick) beef tenderloin steaks
- 8 ounces thick spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter, olive oil, bouillon cubes, garlic powder and Greek seasoning in a saucepan until the butter is melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour mixture over the steaks in a small baking pan. Turn the steaks to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, and turn the steaks. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer, or to desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks to serving plates.
- Combine with hot pasta and pan juices in a bowl; toss to coat. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, and serve with the steaks. Serves 2.
This recipe comes from the delightful cookbook “You’re Invited! Party Recipes for Every Season,” by Debbie Lestina of Iowa. Cookbooks are available by contacting Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cookbooks cost $10 plus shipping, with all proceeds going to the Hawkeye Harvest Food Bank in Mason City, Iowa.