- Prep 25 min
- Cook 1 hour + standing
- 1 package (8 ounces) thin spaghetti pasta (or thickness of your choosing)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz can mushrooms (optional)
- ¾ c. chopped red, yellow and/or orange peppers (optional)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce, whichever brand you like
- ½ t. seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 T butter, melted
- 2 c. cottage cheese
- 4 c., shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, mushrooms, peppers and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat pasta.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into pieces. Sprinkle with basil.