Chicken Tortilla Hot Dish
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package of 8 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 small can of chopped mild green chili peppers
- 1 pound of grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sauté onions and margarine.
- Add chicken, soups, milk and chilies. Heat together.
- Butter large casserole and spread a little soup mixture on bottom of pan.
- Now make two layers of: tortillas, soup mixture then cheese (Ending with cheese)
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°.
COOK’S TIP: Can refrigerate for 24 hours to blend flavors before baking.