Skip to content
- 1 pound of deer roast cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 oz. hot sauce
- 1/2 bottle of liquid smoke
- 7 tablespoons of tender quick (cure)
- 2 tablespoons Accent (cure and flavor enhancer)
- 4 oz. lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 quart water
- Mix all ingredients, then pour over jerky slices.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
- Periodically mix the meat around the container, covering all the meat really well.
- Lastly place on a dehydrator set at 155-165 degrees.
- Dehydrate for 5 to 6 hours.