Tri-Tip Steak with Horseradish Sauce
- Lawry’s seasoned salt
- Lawry’s seasoned pepper or another pepper mix
- Lawry’s garlic powder or another granulated garlic
- Tri-Tip steaks
- 1 cup well-drained prepared horseradish
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- Make a rub consisting of equal parts seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and granulated garlic.
- The night before you’ll be grilling, rub the tri-tip liberally with the rub from above. Wrap the meat in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This is also a great time to combine all the horseradish sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix and refrigerate.
- Set out the meat for an hour before cooking to bring it up to room temperature.
- Cook on grill or smoker over med heat for 35-45 mins, turning occasionally. Cook to 135F for medium rare, 145F for medium, 155F for medium well.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Recipe by Ryan and Meg Schon