- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 6-7 cups rinsed, drained, halved Brussels sprouts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1 cup)\
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Herb Blend (or 2 minced garlic cloves + 2 ½ tablespoons fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, oregano)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic glaze, such as Colavita Balsamic Glace
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line two large roasting pans with aluminum foil; spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and vermouth. Mix well. On one pan, put approximately 4 cups vegetables; put remaining vegetables (about 5 cups) on the other pan. Spread in an even layer so vegetables are not crowded together (they need space for air to circulate and for caramelization to occur).
- Place in oven and roast the vegetables for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and toss gently. Continue roasting until vegetables are well browned, and just fork-tender, about 5-8 minutes longer. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve.
To substitute frozen Brussels sprouts: Microwave 3 packages (each 16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 3 minutes on power 6; toss to redistribute. Cover and return to microwave; cook for another 2 minutes on power 6 or until thawed. Cut in half and proceed with step 1 in recipe.
Recipe shared from www.hy-vee.com.